Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ahh... to be 13 again....

Honestly, you couldn't pay me enough to go back to Junior High and be a seventh grader. It's bad enough I have to teach them, but holy cow, I could never go back!! I am just astonished at how awkward it is to be 12/13 years old!! I come home with funny stories every day, but this one definitely makes me giggle! The other day I get to school and as my first hour comes in I was blown away by one of my students. I'm going to just call her "Jane", I don't think it would be right to use her real name... Let me just begin by saying that "Jane" is a bit strange... she is just one of those socially awkward, alright... I'll say it, she is a freaking weird child!! As I'm greeting my students and say good morning to her, she looks up at me. She had shaved her eyebrows off and drew them in with a black sharpie marker. And it wasn't just a small line, she drew a THICK line from one corner of her eye to the other!! NO EXAGGERATION!! She looked like a deformed raccoon!! I had all I could do not to laugh... well, my laughter was stifled for only a few seconds, because then the P.E. teacher came in and just lost it!! "Jane" said she did it because it looked "cool"!!! Yep, she liked it!! I laughed so hard I had tears flowing and I think I may have even wet my pants a little!! My students were roaring along with me... yeah I know, way to set a good example!! Well, the P.E. teacher took her into the bathroom and scrubbed her "brows" off, and she returned to my class with no brows!! I proceeded to lecture then on the importance "less is more"... and I told my girls, if they need advice with makeup, please come talk to me! Oh I just about died of laughter that day!!

1 comment:

Mckel said...

Hey stranger! So good to hear from you! How is life in AZ? Life in Elko is...interesting. I miss Florida and being warm! I am trying to get into blogging, so maybe we can keep in touch better now! It was fun to read about all you adventures! Ya gotta love those teaching stories! Hey will you email me your address where you are now. I have a birth announcement for you guys, but I didn't know where to send it. My email is mckelb@yahoo.com!