Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The big two seven...

mmm....

Carson loves to be on Rod's shoulders!

Happy Birthday to me!! Holy cow I'm 27!! How is that even possible? I swear I was just 17 graduating high school... college... now I'm married and have a kid?!? Where the heck does all the time go? I really enjoyed my birthday. Rod was way stressed out because he had two tests that day and he really wanted to make my day special. He did once he got home at 5!! My friend Elizabeth took me out for lunch at my favorite place to eat in St. Augustine, Flavors. It's so delicious =-) Then for dinner we headed up to Jacksonville to dine at The Cheesecake Factory!! Our good friends from Alabama, Beau and Elizabeth and their son Buddy came with us. We had so much fun. Buddy and Carson are best friends and only 12 weeks apart! Dinner was great, however, my only complaint was my birthday dessert! They came over with a piece of cheesecake, sang and I blew out the candle, we all took a few bites from it and then the waiter charged us for it!! HA!! Who does that, seriously? I thought birthday desserts were supposed to be for free!?! Oh well. I got a new camera from Rod and I love it. I desperately needed one because my other camera kept dying on me. It's so little and a cute plum color!! It's amazing how much camera's have changed in the last couple of years... they are so much better! After dinner we came home and two of Rod's classmates Angie and Aileen came over and surprised me with a cake!! It was so thoughtful!! Rod was able to get out of baking me a cake( I was offended at first that he didn't, but he knew they were making me one!)It really was such an enjoyable day!!

Me and my hubby

Beau, Elizabeth, and Buddy

Best Buds


1 comment:

Halvos said...

Ahhh! Happy Birthday Lindsay! This is so funny--I was totally laughing reading your blog about your birthday because I'm the same way--totally want my man to make my birthday a big deal--and yes, that means making me a cake, or just doing something out of the ordinary to make it special. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes their birthday! ;) So fun to see what you're up to! You look amazing girl! Glad we can keep in touch now! Isn't blogging great?!! -Lori